Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back in the saddle

I'm happy to say, that after a way-too-long of a break, I sat down, meditated, and gave myself reiki this morning. Almost every morning this past summer I had a ritual of sitting in the garden. I would meditate and then follow up with reiki. Somewhere along the line with school and work I fell out of that habit. The great thing about meditation is that it is a tool that is always available to use; same with reiki (so long as you are attuned.) After my surgery I had all of this time to myself. I repeated over and over again that I would finally have the time and effort to put into my meditation and reiki practice. Well, as the days and weeks trickled by I still hadn't committed to this plan. I did however, receive reiki and that is always great. Yesterday I had a reiki session and it really lit a fire under my toosh to stick to my guns and resume my own practice. So this morning I finally did it. I sat down, turned down the lights, and put on some relaxing music. I didn't put a timer on like I usually do, I just sat. I figured when the time is right to end it, that would be that. So I started with a meditation on the chakras. starting at the crown of my head, then to the third eye, throat, heart, solar plexus, sacral, and root chakra. I find this is a great way to start. Its balancing and really brings me to a place of peace. Of course because I hadn't been practicing regularly my mind would wander off but I brought it right back to where it was supposed to be. I followed up with a full reiki session on my self. When I was done, I surrendered and I thanked to universe's energy. I looked and the time and I was shocked to see that, for the first time in months, I had been sitting there for just about 40 minutes. I will be trying to stick to my new routine of daily meditation. 

2 comments:

In the Ruins of Berlin said...

that is great to hear darling! I hope you will stay in the saddle! I was sick for more then 10 weeks now and I got reiki from a friend to, it helped me a lot. I think about learning it... but it is diffucult to keep the promises to yourself, when you back in the saddle and life gallop fast again xxx

Wildflower said...

It's such a great practice, it would really be worth getting attuned to it. Reiki 1 certification is all you need to practice self healing.

Post a Comment