Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pumpkin Pie dip and Apple chips

I don't know about you, but I love fall. Everything about it, the colors, the smells, the clothes, the whole shebang. last night I went to a kirtan to celebrate the autumnal equinox, welcoming fall with open arms. I wanted to bring a dish that fully embraced the flavors of autumn so I looked up some recipes for vegan and gluten free pumpkin dip. I also made baked apple chips to go along with the dip. This turned out to be a huge hit at the kirtan. 



for the recipes "read more"

Pumpkin pie dip:
1 cup of organic pumpkin
1 cup of vegan cream cheese
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon 
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Mix it all together and chill in the fridge for 1 hour

Apple chips:
5 apples of your choice
cinnamon
1 cup apple juice 

Pour one cup of apple juice into a large mixing bowl. Thinly slice the apples place them into the apple juice to soak for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Place apples on a metal cooling rack on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, check on them to make sure they're not burnt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment