Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chakra Cycle

Here we are at another chakra cycle! The yoga studio has moved to it's new location and it is more beautiful than ever. We began last sunday on the root chakra, otherwise known as Muladhara chakra. This chakra is all about support, foundation and roots. This chakra is ruled by the hindu deity Ganesha, and the element is earth. It focuses mainly on the first seven years of your life, where family and parents or guardians are imperative. The color of the root chakra is red, with four petals. The seed sound is "Lam" and it is located from the perineum down the legs and out the bottoms of your feet. One of the aspects of the root chakra is acceptance and letting go. The way to stimulate and balance the chakras is to meditate on them and asana, the physical practice of yoga. The asanas include grounding poses, to try and feel rooted in the earth. Below are some pictures, the first is what the muladhara chakra symbol looks like. The second picture is of the hindu deity Ganesh 


With focusing on the root chakra this week I have been faced with some feelings being stirred up. There are certain individuals from my recent past who sometimes pop up and I wish I could erase them. The memories I have of them are nothing but negative. I have battled this thought before, if I had never got involved and done the things that I did, I may have never discovered myself like I have. My self discovery may have taken much longer than it did. When it comes to the root chakra I know what I have to do, I have to ACCEPT these things and I have to LET GO. I have accomplished the first of these things, however the second has proven to be difficult. As I continue to reflect upon this idea, with meditation and asana, I hope to be able to let go of what is keeping me from fully growing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment